Remote Viewing Unit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Psychic Wars: Parapsychology in Espionage - And Beyond by Elmar Gruber

2 posters

Go down

The Psychic Wars: Parapsychology in Espionage - And Beyond  by Elmar Gruber Empty The Psychic Wars: Parapsychology in Espionage - And Beyond by Elmar Gruber

Post  Ralph Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:02 am

The Psychic Wars: Parapsychology in Espionage - And Beyond by Elmar Gruber

What Did I Get Out of the Read?
It put the key events of the military remote viewing effort into a wider context and has given me a better understanding of the whys, hows, whats and wheres of the whole program. It also gave me a better understanding of the current state of PSI research.

Why Would You Want to Read This?
1. Not the first book I would recommend if you are interested in Remote Viewing, but one of the best if you want a high level overview of the Military Remote Viewing effort.
2. You seek a wider and deeper understanding of the state of academic PSI research, in layman’s language.
What Did I Think of the Book?
Generally a quality read - I want to add this book to my reference library.
The book is divided into three parts. The first part discusses Government/military sponsored Remote Viewing from its inception to its public abandonment. It is the best high level overview of the Military Remote Viewing effort I have read (and I have read most of them).

The second part is a review of contemporary PSI research – including interesting chapters on the known state (as of 1999) of Russian and Chinese research. The third part is a little more speculative. In parts I found the text a bit laborious. I suspect it is because Gruber is German and this edition is translated from the original German edition.

One of the most useful books on PSI that I have read. Highly recommended.

Ralph
2 star
2 star

Back to top Go down

The Psychic Wars: Parapsychology in Espionage - And Beyond  by Elmar Gruber Empty Thanks for that!

Post  Psyforce Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:33 pm

Thanks for that book review Ralph! Excellent...I think I'll order that one.

Greetz,

Psyforce
Psyforce
Psyforce
RV team member
RV team member

http://psyforce1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down